America’s Distractions, Recall Possibilities, & the Nation’s Disintegration
Posted by thebosun on May 23, 2007
DISCLAIMER: The different points of views on the Rick Roberts is not supported nor do they reflect the views and beliefs of The Bosun Locker or any entity affiliated with Bosun.
Many have requested a transcript of Rick Roberts’ “I Want My Country Back” rant. You can view Rick’s KFMB AM blog entry by CLICKING HERE. Rick has give carte blanc permission to post it on every blog you read, and e-mail it to every friend you have. If you would like to listen to Rick’s radio replay of “I Want My Country Back” , CLICK HERE.
AMERICA’S DISTRACTIONS, RECALL POSSIBILITIES, & THE NATION’S DISINTEGRATION
Courtesy of Rick Roberts, KFMB AM San Diego
May 23rd, 2007
MANY OF YOU have been emailing and calling your elected officials: And it IS making a difference.
They’re starting to gripe… They’re beginning to teeter…
THEY ORIGINALLY WANTED TO PASS THE BILL BEFORE MEMORIAL DAY!!
And to all of you bitching and moaning about “Oh, well Rick, that’s all you’ve been talking about for the past few days.”
I broadcast for five hours a day five days a week- I DO talk about other news and issues of that day, but there’s no way in hell I’m going to skip this topic of the amnesty bill when our country is bordering on going to Hell in a hand basket.
What else do you want to talk about???
How about what the rest of America is talking about: Spoiled B-Rate Hollywood starlets, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars…
Does any of this sound interesting to you??
Our nation is disintegrating before our very eyes and your average adult- especially those under the age of 30- is always quick to tell you what Britney’s doing with her hair… who divorced who… Or even their American Idol voting record…
And yet they probably couldn’t tell you the first thing about the very people that RUN OUR COUNTRY.
Most of these people aren’t even registered to vote!!
Because of this aloofness we had an onslaught of liberal and so-called “conservative” (insert sarcasm) politicians that snuck behind our backs in an attempt to reward and give special benefits to law breakers.
Not that it was the first time this kind of thing happened…
I’m NOT saying that the American people should stop doing fun and frivolous things in their free time.
I AM saying that the American people has to realize that celebrities, reality shows and other silly things should NOT become YOUR reality.
At least take the time out in your day, when the rare opportunity comes up, to do your civil duties as an American. Just vote… And know WHO you’re voting for.
We as a nation MUST become proactive.
We’ve got border patrol agents in jail for doing their job.
We’ve got a globalist as a President wanting our country to morph into a Canada-Mexico-conglomerate.
We’re being lied to left and right by our representatives.
So why are we concerned about are what your average cocaine-sniffing, plastic surgery-loving Hollywood starlet is up to?
But I digress…
In the meantime, here is some food for thought:
Want to know how to recall an elected official?
(Only) eighteen states permit the recall of state officials…
(Recall actions in both the House and the Senate are justified in cases of perceived disloyalty to the United States, or the conviction of a criminal statutory offense which involved abuse of one’s official position.)
* In these states, the recall ballot consists of a list of candidates for the office held by the person against whom the recall petition was filed. The name of the officer against whom the recall was filed may appear on the ballot for reelection. * In these states, the recall ballot consists of two parts. The first asks whether the officer against whom the recall petition was filed should be recalled. The second part consists of a list of candidates who have qualified for the election. The name of the officer against whom the recall petition was filed may not appear on this list.
* The individual charged must receive written notification of the specific charges outlined in the motion to initiate recall against said individual within one day of the motion and at least seven days prior to the meeting at which the hearing will take place.
* All Senators and officers shall be notified at the same time the individual being recalled is accused.
* The recall process is similar to that for initiatives in that citizen petitions are required. The number of signatures necessary to qualify a recall petition is just higher.
* The governor then appoints a successor who must be a member of the same political party as the officeholder recalled, and must be selected from a list submitted by a committee of the political party of the person recalled.
* The signature requirements are high: 25 percent in nine states; 25 percent for statewide offices and 35 percent for legislators in Washington; one-third in Louisiana; and 40 percent in Kansas. California’s requirements are 12 percent for statewide offices; 20 percent for legislators and appellate judges. Georgia requires 15 percent for statewide offices; 30 percent for all others. Idaho’s requirement is 20 percent for all offices. Montana has the lowest number of required signatures – 10 percent for statewide officials and 15 percent for state district offices such as legislative districts.
Technorati tags: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, D.C., Wisconsin, recall, peope power, government, Rick Roberts